terça-feira, 2 de julho de 2013

Count and noncount nouns

Hello everyone!

Today I will talk about nouns that are count and noncount because there are people that have doubt about and sometimes I have doubt if this noun is count or noncount I think it is normal hehehe. Then I will show to you how can we use the word some and any. I hope you enjoy it :)))) just remember I am not fluent in English. I am just here to help each other. ;)

Lets go!

Some nouns are countable

a book  - um livro
two books - dois livros
an egg - um ovo
six eggs - seis ovos.

Some nouns are uncountable

bread - pão
rice - arroz

Some nouns are both!

Do you like ice cream?
We would like three ice creams, please.

Some uncountable nouns :
coffee, tea, wine, soda, apple juice, spaghetti,
yougurt, pizza, cheese, chocolate...
water, salt, money, music, air, snow, jewerly...

i.e: I need a water. I need some water.

The uncountable nouns will never be preceded by the indefinite articles: a/an

a water, a money, a salt, a chocolate, an music.

Some countable nouns:
apples, oranges, bananas, strawberries, peas, carrots, tomatoes,
cookies, hamburgers, french fries...
actors, bags, animals, cars, children...

i.e: Can I have a grapes?  Can I have some grapes?

In plural, it can to be preceded by a lot of pronouns like: some, many, a lot of, few, these, those, my, their, etc. i.e: a key. those keys. - one house. a lot of houses. - a cat. some cats. - a man. these men. 


Then, that is all... I hope to help everyone... Thanks so much for your attention!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário